An Overview of Psychometric Testing: 16PF QuestionnairePsychometric testing is used to improve the effectiveness of the recruitment process. It helps to accurately select the right person for the organisation. It is critical to remember that tests should be used in conjunction with other sources of information on the candidate such as interviews, resume, reference checks etc. There are two main types of tests:
- Ability tests assess specific individual abilities such as numerical, spelling and grammar, strategic thinking etc.
- Personality tests assess motivation and personality traits, such as Drive, Independence, Adaptability, etc. Understanding what motivates people and what style suits them best is critical to ensuring that employees will succeed in the job being considered.
- Determine what you want to measure (what you are measuring must be based on the requirements of the job for which the person is being considered).
- Select a test that is designed to measure those abilities or personality characteristics.
- Make sure that you choose a test which is valid and reliable.
16 PF Questionnaire
Summary of the test:The 16 Personality Factors (PF) Questionnaire assesses personality traits and personal style in various situations and tasks.
Personality:Provides a complete picture by measuring personality in both the professional and personal spheres. It provides a comprehensive assessment of personality factors including warmth, emotional stability, dominance, openness to change, tough mindedness, independence, self-control etc. It helps to confirm suitability, reveal potential and identify developmental needs.
- Not timed.
- Estimated 35 – 45 minutes.
Important:Administered online on any computer with internet connection. Consists of a number of statements and three alternative answers where candidate is required to select the most relevant answer to them
- An overview of the candidate’s scores on 16 primary factors and 5 global factors;
- An in-depth explanation and analysis describing the candidate’s:
- Leadership style;
- Interactions with others;
- Decision making;
- Personal adjustment.
Selecting Appropriate Testing InstrumentsAllan Hall HR has access to a wide range of instruments that measure key dimensions, including the 16 PF Questionnaire. This not only covers personality and aptitude, but also specific skills and abilities. We apply a tailored approach, with the recommended testing solution being dependent on how you will utilise the results and the specific outcomes you are looking to achieve. If you would like to find out more information about the 16 PF Questionnaire or if you are seeking support with identifying a suitable instrument to meet your needs, we can offer you a free consultation with one of our in-house testing experts or our organisational psychologist. CONTACT US
Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19)08/08/2022 | Allan Hall
If you are experiencing financial hardship, there’s support available if you or your family were affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).Read more
Alcohol excise duty rates increase03/08/2022 | Allan Hall
With alcohol excise duty rates increasing from August 2022, use the ATO's new rates and latest excise return to lodge your excise return.Read more
Shadow economy01/08/2022 | Allan Hall
The ATO is putting businesses on notice once again after receiving 43,000 tip-offs about businesses operating in the “shadow” or cash economy last financial year.Read more