Dine & Discover NSW program
The NSW Government has launched Dine & Discover NSW to encourage the community to get out and about, support dining, arts and tourism businesses and stimulate spending in our economy.
Hospitality, entertainment and tourism businesses in New South Wales are being encouraged to sign on to the state government’s Dine & Discover program as it enters its second phase by expanding to more areas around the state.
Dine & Discover NSW is being piloted this month with a group of participating business in Sydney CBD, Northern Beaches and Bega Valley. A state-wide rollout will commence in March.
Every NSW resident aged 18 and over will be eligible for 4x $25 vouchers worth $100 in total. The vouchers can be used at participating NSW businesses who are registered as COVID safe. The Dine & Discover NSW vouchers are divided into two categories:
- 2 x $25 vouchers to be used for eating in at restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and clubs from Monday to Thursday, excluding public holidays
- 2 x $25 vouchers to be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues, available 7 days a week, excluding public holidays.
To be eligible for Dine & Discover NSW, your business needs to:
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST. To be accepted into the scheme, your registration information will be validated with your ABN. Check that your details are correct and make any updates via the Australian Business Register
- operate in NSW in one of the eligible industries
- be registered as COVID-safe and have a COVID Safety Plan in place.
For further eligibility requirements including eligible industries, or to participate in the program, please see the Dine & Discover NSW registration page. COVID-safe businesses must follow public health orders.
Got a question on the tax implications of a state government voucher subsidy scheme in your business? Get in touch with our Tax & Accounting team who will be able to assist you on 02 9981 2300.