Where can you use psychometric testing?
Psychometric testing is invaluable throughout the recruitment process in all businesses, both large and small. It can help reduce employee turnover by accurately identifying and selecting employees with desirable traits, who are competent and have a good cultural fit for the business. Bad hiring decisions are a costly mistake and have been reported to cost an employer up to twice an employee’s base annual salary.
Psychometric testing can be used to measure an individual’s aptitude and ability, personality and behavioural styles, talents and motivations; all which assist in predicting the way they will perform in a job. As an employer, you can gain valuable insights into how a candidate is likely to communicate with others, make decisions, solve problems, cope with challenges and deal with stress. These factors are critical in many jobs and cannot be accurately assessed using traditional recruitment techniques alone, such as resume screening, interviews and check references.
“Using Allan Hall HR’s full range of services helps us get the most from our people, which is great for our business.”
Psychometric assessment can also be utilised outside of the recruitment process. It can provide a valuable source of information to help businesses get the most out of existing employees and assist with employees’ career and management development.
- Career development: clarifying an individual’s strengths, areas for development and personal goals, highlighting employee potential and career aspirations
- Team building: making people aware of the differences among team members and enabling them to work more effectively together
- Succession planning: identifying those with potential for progression and evaluating their fit for a particular position
- Performance management: determining underlying causes of under-performance
Why Allan Hall Human Resources?
- Our consultants and organisational psychologists bring expertise, knowledge and passion to deliver solutions assisting you to hire talent, build talent and lead talent.
- We have assisted clients in all industries both nationally and internationally, and offer solutions for any business, from small to large.
Key roles include but are not limited to:
- Directors, managers and professionals
- Graduates and trainees
- Customer service
- Technical staff
- We work with you to understand your business, your people and your requirements.
- We have found that psychometric solutions work best when they’re individually tailored to your situation.
- We provide custom reporting options shaped to each specific role or candidate, including reports written by our Registered Psychologists delivered within guaranteed turnaround times.
Diverse Range of Instruments
- We have a diverse range of reliable and valid psychological tests and instruments at our disposal including personality and aptitude, but also specific skills and abilities.
- All assessments utilise the latest technology and can be completed online to ensure automation and effortless delivery, positive candidate experience and low costs.
- We offer a wide range of testing options including supervised assessments in our offices or affiliated test centres, to unsupervised volume screening or assessment centre solutions.