JobKeeper Payment: Important Key Dates
Final call to enrol for JobKeeper for April/May and next JobKeeper monthly declaration now due
It is very important to keep up to date with the JobKeeper Payment key dates to ensure you don’t miss critical deadlines to receive payments.
Upcoming JobKeeper Payment Key Dates:
- 31 May: Don’t forget, you only have until 31 May to enrol for JobKeeper if you intend to claim for wages paid for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May.
- 1-14 June: If you wish to be reimbursed for JobKeeper Payments in May, you will need to complete your declaration between 1-14 June, 2020.
To view all the JobKeeper key dates and JobKeeper Payment fortnights from the ATO please click here.
JobKeeper Payment Key Steps Recap:
For detailed guidelines, please refer to the ATO guide below that best represents your business:
- Sole Traders: Click here to access the ATO Guide
- Employers Reporting through STP: Click here to access the ATO Guide
- Employers NOT Reporting through STP: Click here to access the ATO Guide
Declarations via the Business Portal opened on Monday the 4th of May. If your business has been accepted into the scheme, you are required to make monthly declarations to the ATO via the Business Portal, to reconfirm your number of eligible employees and report your current and projected turnover. The next monthly declaration for JobKeeper is NOW DUE. To be reimbursed for JobKeeper Payments in May, you will need to complete your declaration between 1-14 June, 2020.
In order to receive the first round of payments, you will need to make this declaration beforehand.
Declarations will need to be reconfirmed every month for the duration of the scheme.
It is critical to ensure that your bookkeeping requirements and your Payroll software are up-to-date, so you can report actual turnover.