Updated eligibility for NSW micro-business grant and JobSaver payment
You must be currently receiving either the NSW micro-business grant or the JobSaver payment and confirm that you:
- have continued to experience a decline in turnover of 30% or more, compared to:
- the same period in 2019, or
- the same period in 2020, or
- the 2-week period immediately before lockdown started in your area.
- are maintaining your employee headcount stated in your application, if you are an employing business.
For further information about comparison periods, visit the Service NSW website or contact Allan Hall’s Accountants on 02 9981 2300.
How to confirm for either program
- Select the ‘Confirm your eligibility’ button.
- Log in to your MyServiceNSW Business Profile.
- Follow the steps to confirm your eligibility.
Other important points
- If your business was closed for the fortnight in which you are confirming your eligibility, you can indicate that you have continued to experience a decline in turnover and you don’t need to perform a calculation.
- If you compared to either the 2019 or 2020 year in your original application you must compare to the same year for the retest. You can choose to either compare to the corresponding fortnight in either 2019 or 2020 OR compare to the same fortnight that you used in your original application. Once you make this choice it remains fixed for future retesting periods.
- If you used the period 12 June to 25 June 2021 as your comparison period in your original application, you MUST continue to compare to this period for all future retesting periods.
- You will receive your payment within 5 days of reconfirming your eligibility.
- It is a fortnight by fortnight test. If you become ineligible one fortnight this does not disqualify you for becoming eligible again in a subsequent fortnight, where you meet the eligibility conditions. You will be given the opportunity to declare your eligibility each fortnight without re-applying.
Please be aware that there is a high level of scamming activity around COVID-19 rules and regulations and, in particular, grants and relief. These scams are increasingly sophisticated and many involve impersonation such that they may appear to come from legitimate advisors (such as Allan Hall).
At Allan Hall, we will never request money upfront, deposits, transfers to personal accounts, payments via gift cards or other unexpected or unusual payment methods. If in any doubt, contact us via phone before taking actions that appear to be at the request of Allan Hall.