We have just received some very exciting news. Allan Hall has been named finalist in two national, prestigious awards!
Firm Awards – 2019 Wellness Program / Initiative of the Year
Allan Hall Business Advisors has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Wellness Program / Initiative of the Year award, as part of the AMP Women in Finance Awards 2019.
The Women in Finance Awards, in partnership with AMP Bank, is a national awards program recognising the contribution of women in the finance industry over 26 award categories. The Wellness Program of the Year award recognises businesses working in financial services in Australia who have actively advocated for women’s health and wellness initiatives, events and/or activates among their employees, peers and the community at large.
“Sincere congratulations to this year’s finalists, who have been recognised for their outstanding contribution to shaping and steering the success of their profession, their business, and the financial wellbeing of their clients,” said Katarina Taurian, head of editorial at Momentum Media.
At Allan Hall, we recognise that people are our greatest asset. Through our dedicated, firm-wide Allan Hall THRIVE program, a program aimed at increasing the psychological, physical and social wellbeing of employees, we have been undertaking an array of exciting initiatives that have helped to enrich the understanding and imp ortance of wellness amongst our firm and wider community.
In 2018/19, staff have participated in many diverse initiatives, including:
- 60 Acts of Kindness in celebration of our 60th firm anniversary, where staff gave back to our clients and community
- CA-ANZ mixed netball competition
- Staff blood donations for Red Cross
- Teams hosted monthly events to support charities and social causes, whilst also opening conversations for mental & physical health amongst staff e.g. Women’s Shelter, Movember & ReachOut
- 6-8-week blocks of subsidised gym and yoga classes
- Swimming stroke correction course run by an ex-Olympian
- Whole firm weekly morning teas to promote open communication and connectedness
- Various activities in support of charitable causes including Christmas gift wrapping, surfing in SurfAid, Lifeline clothing drive, knitting sessions for WIRES, supporting disabled Nippers and netballers
- Supporting World Allergy week througha firm-wide outdoor movie night. Michael Bowman, a Senior Client Manager at Allan Hall, shared his experiences of living with life threatening allergies and we hosted two subsequent training sessions on anaphylaxis and EpiPen.
- Firm participation in Steptember working to achieve step and fundraising outcomes. We also engaged a local gym to deliver a session on healthy diet/exercise.
The Allan Hall way is one of mutual respect, collaboration, an absolute client focus and a sense of community… and all while having a little fun along the way, and it is very rewarding to see that others in the industry and wider community appreciate and value our efforts in this regard. We are thrilled to be nominated and are looking forward to the announcement of the winners at the awards night on 1 August.
Individual Awards – 2019 HR Manager of the Year – Bonny Rath
Bonny Rath, a Senior HR Consultant from Allan Hall HR Services, our in-house team of HR consultants and professionals, has been nominated as HR Manager of the Year in the Australian HR Awards.
The Australian HR Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the country’s top HR leaders, companies and teams.
Bonny has been working at Allan Hall Human Resource Services for over 3.5 years as a Senior HR Consultant and is an invaluable member of the HR team. Bonny has taken ownership over numerous client relationships for Allan Hall HR. Bonny works collaboratively with senior leaders of her clients’ businesses, across a range of industries, to problem solve and strategise and provide cost-effective, practical and tailored HR solutions. All of Bonny’s co-workers and clients will agree that she embodies all the qualities of a talented, hard-working and inspiring HR leader.
Congratulations Bonny and we wish you all the best at the awards night in September!
In late May, some representatives from Allan Hall Business Advisors also attended the awards ceremony for the 2019 Australian Accounting Awards at The Star in Sydney. While we didn’t take out the top gongs, we were honoured to be nominated as finalists in 6 diverse categories, both firm and individual awards in an impressive list of finalists.