Wondering if you can afford to take on any new employees in the aftermath of COVID19?
The JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme is a payment-based program offered by the Government to incentivise employers to hire job seekers aged under 35 during the COVID-19 recovery.
The JobMaker Hiring Credit enables eligible employers to:
- claim $200 per week for hiring each additional eligible employee aged 16-29 year old
- claim $100 per week for hiring each additional eligible employee aged 30-35 years old
- make a claim quarterly in arrears for up to 12 months after the eligible employee starts work
Similar to JobKeeper, to make a claim, eligible employers need to register for the scheme and report employees’ payroll information to the ATO.
The first claim period closes on 30 April 2021 so it is important to check if your business and employees are eligible and register now.
Are you an eligible employer?
You are eligible to receive the JobMaker Hiring Credit if you:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Are up to date with tax lodgement obligations
- Are registered for Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding
- Satisfy the reporting requirements through up-to-date Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- Have registered for the scheme and are claiming in respect of an eligible employee
- Satisfy the payroll and headcount increase conditions of the JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme
- Have not claimed JobKeeper payments for a fortnight that started during the JobMaker period
What is an eligible employee?
- Is aged 16–35 years
- Needs to increase your total employee headcount and payroll
- Has received the JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance (Other) or Parenting Payment for at least one of the previous three months at the time of hiring
- Is employed or is paid for a minimum of 20 hours a week
For more information visit https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobMaker-Hiring-Credit/
If you would like assistance with registration, please contact your Allan Hall Business Advisor.
Need help with recruiting eligible employees for your business?
Offering a fresh approach to your recruitment needs while delivering value for money, why not consider utilising our highly skilled recruitment team at Allan Hall Human Resources to assist you with sourcing eligible employees? We can help you find people fast who will thrive and help your business to grow.